H4 - Need to travel to India for one week with visa validity left of one month, planning to apply extension

tjain22

Hi,

I am on H4 right now and need to travel to India for an important family function Nov end. My H4 visa is expiring on 31 Dec. Extension petition will be filed in Nov.

Just wanted to check if i may face any issues or troubles while coming back to US on 30th Nov/1st Dec during Immigration etc., because of visa left of 1 month only.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, tjain22 said:

Hi,

I am on H4 right now and need to travel to India for an important family function Nov end. My H4 visa is expiring on 31 Dec. Extension petition will be filed in Nov.

Just wanted to check if i may face any issues or troubles while coming back to US on 30th Nov/1st Dec during Immigration etc., because of visa left of 1 month only.

Thanks.

NO. No issues. You will however be issues a i-94 and duration of stay until the petition/visa validity date.

On 10/19/2018 at 1:17 PM, tjain22 said:

Hi,

Thanks.

You should not have any issues. Better to apply extension after coming back to US.

Archived