H1B Extension RFE - Vermont- Specialty Occupation - First Extension

Falcon1985

I got a RFE in H1B extension for specialty occupation. This is my first extension. I work as a Database Developer-Mid in reputed multinational firm as FTE for the past 3 years. My extension has been filed with SOC 15-1132 as Software Developer - Applications in Wage 4 category. Currently my I 94 has expired.

I did my UG in Mechanical Engineering in India. I then worked in a reputed consulting firm for 7 years as Oracle application developer. After that I did my 
masters in Information Systems Management in an Ivy league university in USA. I then joined the current firm where I am working as a Database Developer - Mid. 
So total I have 12 + years of work experience in IT. I have my approved I 140.

I have worked mainly in Oracle and working in other technologies like MySQL, Informatica, Python, Hadoop but only few months of experience. 
My team lead and myself is preparing a document of detailed job description and % of responsibilities in my role.

1) Is it ok if I can include new technologies in the document although I have worked only for few months?
2) I have taken database and data related courses in my masters. Should I have to emphasize the same in the response?
3) What other documents are required that need to be sent as a response?
4_What are my chances of approval given the fact I am working for the same employer, same role, same client and same location?
5) Any problems will arise with my Bachelor's degree although I have done my masters in relevant field? 

1. Yes, more relevant documentation the better.

2. Your employer can emphasis on that documentation but if the position requires only Bachelors degree, those courses should have been taken during your bachelors' education and not masters. 

3. Your attorney should know what all documents you should submit, but if you have additional details like the detailed syllabus of what you study in each of those technical courses etc, that would help. I hope your attorneys are taking an expert opinion and submitting their letter. 

4. No one can say for sure what the chances are it depends on the case. if everything remained the same, why was your extension petition sent to Vermont, it should have been sent to Nebraska. Something is missing.

5. Your bachelor's degree is the biggest flag. if the position requirements are bachelors degree and in the certain or related field only that does not match with mechanical engineering then it's unlikely that petition will get approved.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ,

Whether the UG/Grad courses need to be correlated with my job?

I got the RFE in specialty occupation - Job position in my company.
My attorney iterated that they need 1) Detailed job description of each tasks 2) Department in which the position is located.

My attorney told me they are not expecting to correlate UG/Grad courses with the job.

I am little apprehensive on the same.

• 8 months later...