experience letter for green card

Hello,

My current employer is saying that He wont give me Experience letter or any reference in future as I'm leaving him to a Full time opportunity where the employer  will support my H1b Process as a direct client . But I have pay stubs, W2 and offer letter from my previous employer. Please suggest me what to do?.  

7 hours ago, karthikp789 said:

Hello,

My current employer is saying that He wont give me Experience letter or any reference in future as I'm leaving him to a Full time opportunity where the employer  will support my H1b Process as a direct client . But I have pay stubs, W2 and offer letter from my previous employer. Please suggest me what to do?.  

In case primary evidence is missing, you would have to show secondary evidence. Which includes:

1. [Most Important] Keep records of good faith attempts to request details employment verification and experience letters. USCIS will ask about this good faith effort . (Email , Email , Email , if they have online request systems, keep records of service tickets opened.)

2. Did you work under H1b ? If yes, keep a copy of i129 and cover letters sent to USCIS for H1b petitions. Those petitions have detailed job description listed for H1b certification. i-129 , offer letters, yearly review docs, and paystubs will prove you worked and got paid with the requested job duties under H1b.

3. Get letters from co-workers about your jobs and responsibilities. 

All three should be enough as secondary evidence. When you file PERM/i-140 , work with your employer and their attorneys to grind out any possible deficiencies 

56 minutes ago, karthikp789 said:

Thank You But I'm currently On OPT_Extension and I  Worked for my Employer in OPT and OPT Extension. I have w2, Offer Letter and pay stubs in OPT period. They says that they will not support in future for reference's. How can I come out of it? Please help me.  

You have already been advised. In case of exp. letters i.e primary evidence is missing, USCIS will ask for secondary evidence i.e pay stubs, offer letters, letters from co-workers. You will work with your employer and their attorneys when the GC process is started by your employer at that time. Are you expecting something magical here ? 

Archived