H1B Stamping - Chennai - 221G (Blue Slip)

se7vanj

Hi, I just attended the visa stamping interview today 10/17. I Got 221G Blue Slip.

Initially I was asked to wait during the time they reviewed the documents, but then after 30 mins i was called for by the same VO and she started to type on her screen, I kind of sensed its going to be 221G, so I asked her "do you need any other supporting documents from me?"

She mentioned about Vendor Letter, I said I do have it with me, would you like to see? then she asked tax returns of my employer, I said I do have their W2 copies with me, still VO said it will be easy and fast if you could mail those, you dont need to come for another interview.

221G blue has below items ticked:

1. A letter (on letterhead) from the personnel department at the U.S. end client company (the job site where you will actually work) stating that there is a vacancy for you.
    1. But during verbal discussion she actually asked about vendor letter? could you please help me to understand this question?
  2. Copies of your petitioner's U.S federal income tax returns for the last two years
    1. I have this

Appreciate your kind response

Regards,
Selva

On 10/17/2018 at 2:19 AM, se7vanj said:

Hi, I just attended the visa stamping interview today 10/17. I Got 221G Blue Slip.

Initially I was asked to wait during the time they reviewed the documents, but then after 30 mins i was called for by the same VO and she started to type on her screen, I kind of sensed its going to be 221G, so I asked her "do you need any other supporting documents from me?"

She mentioned about Vendor Letter, I said I do have it with me, would you like to see? then she asked tax returns of my employer, I said I do have their W2 copies with me, still VO said it will be easy and fast if you could mail those, you dont need to come for another interview.

221G blue has below items ticked:

1. A letter (on letterhead) from the personnel department at the U.S. end client company (the job site where you will actually work) stating that there is a vacancy for you.
    1. But during verbal discussion she actually asked about vendor letter? could you please help me to understand this question?
  2. Copies of your petitioner's U.S federal income tax returns for the last two years
    1. I have this

Appreciate your kind response

Regards,
Selva

You need to send what documents are asked in the 221G form. Not what she verbally asked.

On 10/19/2018 at 2:05 PM, shekar11# said:

You need to send what documents are asked in the 221G form. Not what she verbally asked.

Thank you.,

Could you please advice what does the below refers to? isn't it just the regular client letter with details about the location and contract/project duration? the wording about the vacancy is kind of confusing me.,

A letter (on letterhead) from the personnel department at the U.S. end client company (the job site where you will actually work) stating that there is a vacancy for you.

Regards,
Selva

13 hours ago, se7vanj said:

Thank you.,

Could you please advice what does the below refers to? isn't it just the regular client letter with details about the location and contract/project duration? the wording about the vacancy is kind of confusing me.,

A letter (on letterhead) from the personnel department at the U.S. end client company (the job site where you will actually work) stating that there is a vacancy for you.

Regards,
Selva

Ask your employer's attorney. He can help you.

Archived