DS 160 - Employment Gaps and Visa Stamping

Shanti4b7

Please suggest...

Employment with Company X ended Oct 2015; Employment with Company Y started 11/16/2015. Was laid off by Company Y on 3/4/2016 as the company lost multiple contracts. Company Y revoked their I-797 H1-B petition on April 5th 2016.

Received Company Z offer on 03/18/2016 and it took a while to file Transfer petition so joined Company Z on 05/04/2016 and the transfer petition got approved Feb 2017 and later H1 B extensions got approved until October 2019. 

a) Will the Employment Gap be considered as 2 employment gaps or one (just between Company Y & Z) ?

b) In DS-160 form - Have you ever been unlawfully present, over stayed the amount of time granted by an immigration official? YES OR NO – If yes, then the above explanation of employment okay? 

c) Visa Stamping – 1) Is it better to go to Hyderabad where I had my first H1 B Visa stamping OR Is it better to go to Canada? 2) What are the chances of getting visa rejected because of the employment gaps? 3) If rejected is there a way to come back to USA again?

Thank you.

Archived