H1B Dropbox Option

prasanna1206

Hi,

My name is Prasanna. I have recently changed my employer and my I-797 got approved till 6/27/2019. I am planning to go to India by end of the month and I have filled my DS -160 and I have got dropbox option. Here are my following questions

1) what are all the documents should i have to submit at the dropbox center?
2) My wife is currently on OPT and her last date of employment is on Oct 19th. I am planning to convert her to H4. Should I have to get my visa stamped before i schedule H4 visa appointment for my wife? can i fill ds 160 after getting my visa approved?

Regards,
Prasanna

1.DS-160, i-129 petition from new employer, i797 xerox, pay stubs, w2, tax returns, timesheets, client letter, employee employer client relationship letter etc.

2.If you have an approved H4 notice for your wife, yes you can schedule interview simultaneously or after your stamping. Not much difference.

This is from VFS site, this is what they ask for. Passports, photo, and they don't take anything more on the dropbox counter.  

H and L applicants (□ -H1, □ -H4, □ -L1 Individual,□ -L2 Individual,□ -L2 Blanket)
Yes    No
 □      □   Prior visa in the same class which is still valid or expired within the last 12 months. (applicable for H1,H4,L1Individual,L2)      
 □      □   Photocopy of current I-797 (applicable for H1, H4, L1Individual, L2) (If issued for the dependent)      
 □      □   Photocopy of previous I-797 (only if the last visa stamped on the passport and current petition have a gap of more than one year) (applicable for H1, L1Individual)
 □      □   Principal applicant's current I-797’s copy (applicable for H4 and L2)
 □      □   Principal applicant's previous I-797 only if the last visa stamped on the passport and current petition have a gap of more than 1 year. (Applicable only for H4 and L2)
 □      □   Principal applicant's photocopy of current I-129 (Applicable only for L2 Blanket)
 □      □   Principal applicant's last visa copy (Applicable only for H4 and L2)
 □      □   All previous I-797s for the applicant. (Applicable only for H4 and L2) (photocopy)(if available)

Hi,

I am on my 6th year of H1B visa. My 6 years validity is expiring on Mar 7, 2019 (with nothing to recapture). I am planning to go to India for 3 weeks on Nov and have to undergo visa stamping. I have to go through the dropbox option (based on eligibility criteria).

Here are my questions:

1. Is it safe to travel to India and do the stamping at this time especially with 4 months of time remaining on my H1B visa? Should I consider cancelling my travel plan

2.Will there be an issue when I go for dropbox? Are there chances of being called for an interview?

3. My PERM is pending with DOL (filed on Aug 27, 2019). Will the travel impact my GC process? 

3 hours ago, Ajit_1985 said:

Hi,

I am on my 6th year of H1B visa. My 6 years validity is expiring on Mar 7, 2019 (with nothing to recapture). I am planning to go to India for 3 weeks on Nov and have to undergo visa stamping. I have to go through the dropbox option (based on eligibility criteria).

Here are my questions:

1. Is it safe to travel to India and do the stamping at this time especially with 4 months of time remaining on my H1B visa? Should I consider cancelling my travel plan

2.Will there be an issue when I go for dropbox? Are there chances of being called for an interview?

3. My PERM is pending with DOL (filed on Aug 27, 2019). Will the travel impact my GC process? 

1. No issues. You need to carry all the docs. Time remaining is never a deciding factor.

2. They can call you. No one can guarantee that.

3. No.

Archived