I94 - Update on Canda Border

SanjeevAgg

Hello Experts,

My I-94 is going to expire in April 2019 due to my old passport validity as its also valid till April 2019. But later I applied for new passport and received it. Now I have to extend my I-94.

I have seen so many posts here on I-94 extension when people went to Mexico and came back with new I-94. But Canada Border is near to Michigan state from where I am planning to go.

I wanted to know if anyone recently visited Canada for I-94 extension and how's their experience? I am planning to go by Car.

Did you receive new I-94 extension from US CBP ?

I need help if is it worthy to visit Canada and get new I-94 without any issue.

Please advise asap.

Regards, 

Sanjeev Aggarwal 

Have you informed your employer? Do that first and maybe his lawyer may be of help. You need a visa to enter Canada. If you have the fortitude you can accidentally drive till the Canadian Immigration booth and ask if you can make a u turn and then get a new I94 from the US CBP. 

You may also choose to call that CBP Office and clearly and briefly explain that you will be needing a new I94 based on an approved H1 petition as thew current I94 was restricted due to passport expiry. It may be possible to directly access the CBP Unit there without entering Canada.

Archived