H1B extension -GC perm

Shwetak

Hi,

This is a rare situation where I dont know what to do. I recently discovered that i am expecting but the my spouse H1B visa expires in 60 days. And till now there is no confirmation of GC perm process too.  Considering the pregnancy i cannot fly in first trimester.  What should i do? Can i opt for B2 visa and continue to stay till doctor suggest is safe to fly.  please suggest .. Am really scared now.

17 hours ago, Shwetak said:

Hi,

This is a rare situation where I dont know what to do. I recently discovered that i am expecting but the my spouse H1B visa expires in 60 days. And till now there is no confirmation of GC perm process too.  Considering the pregnancy i cannot fly in first trimester.  What should i do? Can i opt for B2 visa and continue to stay till doctor suggest is safe to fly.  please suggest .. Am really scared now.

You and your spouse can apply for extension right? Is the primary applicant 6 years H- 1 term is done?

If you cannot extend then contact an immigration attorney for further assistance.

6 years of H-1 term will be done in coming 40-60 days. But as he changed his company(employer) last year;GC was initiated. But it seems there are some delays considering the current situation.. Though we are in constant touch with them for status on this but at the same time we want all the alternatives to be in place.

Is premium processing still applicable for this?

On 10/11/2018 at 3:27 PM, Shwetak said:

6 years of H-1 term will be done in coming 40-60 days. But as he changed his company(employer) last year;GC was initiated. But it seems there are some delays considering the current situation.. Though we are in constant touch with them for status on this but at the same time we want all the alternatives to be in place.

Is premium processing still applicable for this?

Change of employer does not have premium processing available.

Archived