All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndyV

N400-Pending Traffic Citation and Old Citation Records

Hello,

I plan to apply for citizenship next month and I had a couple of questions regarding traffic citation information that i have to provide on the N-400 form. Appreciate any advice/answers from members on the questions below.

1. I received a red light violation ticket in May 2018 and I will be fighting my traffic ticket in court but the hearing date is not until March 2019. Is it Ok if I indicate this ticket as "In process" under the outcome column of Item 29 of the N-400 application and take the final disposition to the interview? or do I need to have it settled (by paying fine ($200)) before I file my N-400? 

2. I received traffic tickets back in 2005 and 2008, I paid the fines (both less than $500), but do not have final court disposition records. Will this be an issue?

3. Overall I have five total traffic tickets in the last 16 years as follows: March 2005 (Paid fine),  August 2008 (Paid Fine), April 2016 (Dismissed), Jan 2018 (Dismissed), May 2018 (In process) - Basically 3 tickets in the last 5 years (out of which 2 is dismissed and 1 is in process with court date in March 2019) and 2 tickets (paid) from 10 and 13 years ago and none of them were DUI and were just regular speeding/red light violations. I have the disposition records for the dismissed tickets from 2016 and 2018.  Will the number of tickets (five) be an issue during naturalization interview?

Thanks in advance and appreciate the feedback.

No documentation is needed for tickets under $500.

As for the current one, explain it at the interview.

Thank you very much for the reply. One follow up question: Is it Ok if I indicate the current traffic citation as "In process" under the outcome column of Item 29 of the N-400 application?