Immediate Relative in DS-160

UNINFO15

1 hour ago, UNINFO15 said:

Hi,

I have a 2 Yr old daughter and she is a US citizen. I am going for Consular processing H1B Visa Stamping. Currently my daughter is staying with me in India. In DS-160 for the question "Do you have any immediate relatives in US" should i say "yes" or "No"?

Thank you,

In my opinion the answer would be a yes. My opinion derives from the reason of the question being asked in the first place. Your daughter is a US citizen and for a non immigrant visa that is a material evidence that shows your lack of ties to your home country. If its is an application for h1b and similar dual intent visas, this question and its answer poses no risk. You should select YES , be truthful and be ready to explain it to visa officer if asked more clarification.  

5 hours ago, xTDx said:

In my opinion the answer would be a yes. My opinion derives from the reason of the question being asked in the first place. Your daughter is a US citizen and for a non immigrant visa that is a material evidence that shows your lack of ties to your home country. If its is an application for h1b and similar dual intent visas, this question and its answer poses no risk. You should select YES , be truthful and be ready to explain it to visa officer if asked more clarification.  

Ok Thank  you

Archived