All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
H1BUSAI140

Accidental Exit US and reentry without Passport, POE change

Hi _ I accidentally exited US border at Niagara Falls NY USA over the weekend  in my car and after crossing the toll, immediately spoke with a person and made a U-turn/entered through US CBP at Rainbow bridge . US CBP admitted me after validating our documents online even though we didnt had Indian passport.

Please can you help me with answers to the below questions and please feel free to add any questionnaire 

• Does this have any legal impact on my future H1B extensions/Visa stamping(I am on I140 Approval)?
  • We didn’t had an entry to Canada or refusal to Canada as we didn’t hit Canada CBP
    • During DS160/US reentry/H1B questionnaire what should I be answering to the below questions
      • Have you ever been refused to enter country?
      • Have you visited any other countries in the last 3 years? (should I include it as Canada even though I did not enter Canada CBP)
  • Since I was not carrying Indian passport, I didn’t had a POE stamp at RBB bridge at Niagara NY CBP. My I-94 wasn’t updated. However my travel history shows my latest entry as MM-DD-YYYY RBB. I didn’t enter Canada/Canada CBP as I took U-turn mid-way
    • What should I be entering as POE when filling past POE info on DS160 or H1B amendment questionnaire or so, as I-94 POE is different from travel history and I don’t have stamp in my passport. Will this create an issue?

please feel free to add any questionnaire/useful info

Have you ever been refused to enter country?

No, because US CBP admitted you after validating our documents online even though we didnt had Indian passport.

Have you visited any other countries in the last 3 years? (should I include it as Canada even though I did not enter Canada CBP)

Yes, because while you are re-entering CBP will make a note of area you are entering to U.S. If asked at consulate be true & explain what happened.

Wait for few days and download your latest i-94 online and fill DS-160 according to that.

It is accidental stuff and you are lucky that POE officer let you back in u.s. So should not be a problem but do talk to attorney and USCIS for safe side, in case any docs to be filled out for accidental exit & re-entry.