All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
tiffosi

Cannot retrieve I94

I had come to the US on an F1 student visa and it was 5+ years ago. It was an electronic I94 back then.

I have never left the country and now I had a change of status to H1B.

When I am trying to retrieve my I94 or when I check my travel history it says no record found.

I know that travel histories are maintained only for 5 years but I'm unable to retrieve just the I94  number either.

Should I contact the CBP and get it corrected?

Edited by tiffosi

22 hours ago, tiffosi said:

I had come to the US on an F1 student visa and it was 5+ years ago. It was an electronic I94 back then.

I have never left the country and now I had a change of status to H1B.

When I am trying to retrieve my I94 or when I check my travel history it says no record found.

I know that travel histories are maintained only for 5 years but I'm unable to retrieve just the I94  number either.

Should I contact the CBP and get it corrected?

There is nothing to correct here. Online i94 is only available for 5 years. CBP will not do anything. If  you already have a copy of the i94 from 5+ years ago, you are good to go. If you do not have the i94 number or copy, then you can probably go to CBP to issue  you one. 

No.

If you click on your travel history tab, you will a note on right side that says following:

"If this travel history is not complete, there is no action to take. CBP documents travel from a variety of sources.

This travel history is only a tool to assist the public and is not an official record for legal purposes."