Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

H-1-B- Transfer-Amen-dment -Ques-tion

Recommended Posts

Hello ,

Could you please answer me the below questions if you have an idea.

I was working with Employer A and have I-94 validity period till 2020. 

Moved to new location and applied amendment through employer A and it got rejected in march 2018.

Changed employer and filed transfer of employer in April 2018.

2 months back upgraded to premium process and got an RFE in August.

My question is 
1) If the Transfer gets rejected employer B then what are my options?
2) Instead of responding to RFE can I go back to my old employer A( didn't cancel the H-1B, still active) and file new petition for an amendment to work in the same location. 

Share this post

Link to post

1. If transfer gets rejected you have 60 days to find another employer and/or get out.

2. You CANNOT go back to the old employer. When you stopped working for them, they were required by law to notify USCIS that you stopped working for them. Even if they did not, you did not maintain a status with them, so you cannot go back. 

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this