H1-B re-stamping in December 2018. On probation until March 2019.

Mantissa

Hi,

I was arrested for retail fraud - 3rd degree misdemeanor but charged with Disorderly Conduct. I am on probation until March 2019. 

I am planning to visit India in December 2018 and will have to go for re-stamping as my original visa stamp has expired. (I-797 valid until September 2019).

I got the certified copy of my case from the court and it mentions both my original crime (retail fraud) and what I was charged with (Disorderly conduct)

In my case it is a drop off of the documents so I won't have a chance to explain the details of my case to anyone in person.

1) What outcomes can I expect? Denied re-stamping and revocation of the visa? Delay in processing?

2) Should I wait until probation period is completed? I think this might not matter, if anything else they would want me to return to US to complete my probation period?

3) Should I include any other documents apart from the certified copy of my case?

Any advice or comments would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

1. They would call you for in-person to know what happened and they take their sweet time to admin process and may issue 221G

2.Contact lawyer to wait or go

3.Include all necessary docs and keep all original copy of the case and you will be seeing officer though you are eligible for drop-box.

Archived