All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hari0861

BCom and MBA Finance RFE for speciality occupation

Hi,

I Got RFE for speciality occupation.  My qualification is BCom and MBA Finance my h1b is having job title as Business Systems Analyst. I have 16 years experience(8 Accounting domain+7Year IT as Oracle Apps Consultant).  now my exten is in RFE.  Can some share the details how to fill RFE response, if they are in the same scenario.  Thanks in Advance. 

Hari 

Your company, or their attorneys should be responding to RFEs, not you. H1b is an employer's petition and dealing with USCIS is their responsibility. 

6 hours ago, Provence said:

Your company, or their attorneys should be responding to RFEs, not you. H1b is an employer's petition and dealing with USCIS is their responsibility. 

Typically responding to RFE's either company /Attorney now they are depending on us to provide details.  where as I am Bcom and MBA finance and Oracle Apps certifications.  they are asking to write jobs duties related to general bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.  and asking me to write how your jobs related to computer education.  I have responded back my difficulty and waiting for response.  mean time i am checking if any one faced the same issue.  Please share the details.

1. If your attorney is asking you these, I am certain he has no clue how to respond

2. Certification does not matter 

3. USCIS knows what B.Com and MBA Finance curriculum in India is (unless you can furnish your transcripts of Bachelors in CS subjects)

4. Find something in job duties and prove that only B.com+ MBA Finance person can do it in Oracle Apps, if you are FTE - can your employer provide that in writing ?

It has been trend that USCIS is strictly going by OOH and matching educational background,good luck tying your B.com and Finance studies to IT job duties. 

On 10/5/2018 at 11:16 PM, Leavemessageh1b said:

1. If your attorney is asking you these, I am certain he has no clue how to respond

Attorneys have specializations in law, not on various technical job descriptions. 

A B.A. is job role does not necessarily require technical degree. 

OP:

Uscis review agent might be sending rfe by literal interpretation i.e how a B.A. job in IT based on commerce and finance qualifications. But you know that the reality  is typical BA job role requires MBA and technical background rather than software degree..

4 hours ago, cap-gap said:

Attorneys have specializations in law, not on various technical job descriptions. 

Thank you for clarifying, but employer's attorney who specializes in non-immigrant worker application usually have mix of staff working for them, who does this job and compiled response is finally reviewed by attorney to check if everything asked in RFE is covered.