Conditional GC vs Permanent GC

samsingla

I am a GC holder (EB1C, PD: May 2016), and we have to appear for my wife's interview next month. We had filed for her i485 in Oct '17, before I received my GC. Since interview was made mandatory by that time, my initial assumption was that we would both appear for an interview at the same time and get the GC together, but I already got mine in Nov 2017 w/o interview. 

Since the original application was employment based, and her i485 was filed before mine was approved, would she get a permanent gc? Also, it is based on IO's discretion or is there a fixed rule for this? We would be married 1.5 years at the time of interview. 

1 hour ago, samsingla said:

I am a GC holder (EB1C, PD: May 2016), and we have to appear for my wife's interview next month. We had filed for her i485 in Oct '17, before I received my GC. Since interview was made mandatory by that time, my initial assumption was that we would both appear for an interview at the same time and get the GC together, but I already got mine in Nov 2017 w/o interview. 

Since the original application was employment based, and her i485 was filed before mine was approved, would she get a permanent gc? Also, it is based on IO's discretion or is there a fixed rule for this? We would be married 1.5 years at the time of interview. 

Since she is in an employment-based category, she would become a non-conditional permanent resident with a 10-year card. It doesn't matter how long she has been married.

Archived