H4 Extesnion & Travel

Karthick17

Hi,

I am on H1B my expiration is till Dec 31 2018, My employer applied H4 for my wife and she got it till Dec 31 2018. My employer is working on my second extension. My wife is india right now, she has not entered USA. If my wife arrives USA by this month my employer said they will apply H4 extension for her as well.

Questions:

1) If my wife comes to USA by this month and  get the my H1 and my wife's H4 extended can we stay here in USA till the next expiration date with out i94 updated? 

2) After getting my H1 extended by november, can i go to India and use the drop box option for me and my Wife. get the h1 and h4 stamped thru drop box option and then bring her to USA with me.

3) If the drop box option is not available for her, does she need to fill the ds160 form and go for her interview again?

Thanks,

Karthick

On 10/2/2018 at 11:52 AM, Karthick17 said:

Hi,

I am on H1B my expiration is till Dec 31 2018, My employer applied H4 for my wife and she got it till Dec 31 2018. My employer is working on my second extension. My wife is india right now, she has not entered USA. If my wife arrives USA by this month my employer said they will apply H4 extension for her as well.

Questions:

1) If my wife comes to USA by this month and  get the my H1 and my wife's H4 extended can we stay here in USA till the next expiration date with out i94 updated? 

2) After getting my H1 extended by november, can i go to India and use the drop box option for me and my Wife. get the h1 and h4 stamped thru drop box option and then bring her to USA with me.

3) If the drop box option is not available for her, does she need to fill the ds160 form and go for her interview again?

Thanks,

Karthick

2nd option is better and easier.

Yes you can use drop box option provided your wife's visa has not been expired beyond 12 months.

Archived