Can my wife continue to stay?

sudikshah1

For FY 2018, I got H1b and working on same, prior to that am on L1B. I have received H1B only for one year (till Sep 2018) so applied extension 2 months back and is pending with USCIS. 

We applied L2 to H4 COS for my wife in Jul 2017. Received RFE on same in Jul 2018 and responded to RFE. We haven't received any update after that. Now (Oct 2018) the decision of this application is no longer valid (I think) as the primary visa H1B is expired. 
Along with my H1B extension, we have also filed my wife's H4 extension by mentioning that COS is pending with USCIS. 

Given this situation: 
1) Can my wife continue to stay in US waiting decision? 
2) Does my H1b extension application extends to her? We have 2 receipts - one for H1b extension and second for wife's H4 application. 

Appreciate any suggestion. 

On 10/1/2018 at 10:28 PM, sudikshah1 said:

For FY 2018, I got H1b and working on same, prior to that am on L1B. I have received H1B only for one year (till Sep 2018) so applied extension 2 months back and is pending with USCIS. 

We applied L2 to H4 COS for my wife in Jul 2017. Received RFE on same in Jul 2018 and responded to RFE. We haven't received any update after that. Now (Oct 2018) the decision of this application is no longer valid (I think) as the primary visa H1B is expired. 
Along with my H1B extension, we have also filed my wife's H4 extension by mentioning that COS is pending with USCIS. 

Given this situation: 
1) Can my wife continue to stay in US waiting decision? 
2) Does my H1b extension application extends to her? We have 2 receipts - one for H1b extension and second for wife's H4 application. 

Appreciate any suggestion. 

1) Yes.

Archived