Previous Employer I-140 with H4-EAD renewal

Anuj13

Hello

I have the following situation,

1. I have an approved I-140 (more than 6 months) from a previous employer EmpA.

2. I recently moved to another employer, EmpB.

3. I would like to apply for my spouse's H4-EAD renewal.

Questions:

1. Can I use the copy of the approved I-140 from EmpA for the H4-EAD renewal process? Or do I need a new approved copy from EmpB?

2. I do not know if the previous employer, EmpA, revoked my application or not. Even if they did can I still use that copy?

3. What is difference in the application for H4-EAD renewal vs fresh applicants? Any different documents I need to provide?

Please let me know. 

Looking forward to your feedback. Thanks in advance.

Regards

4 hours ago, Anuj13 said:

Hello

I have the following situation,

1. I have an approved I-140 (more than 6 months) from a previous employer EmpA.

2. I recently moved to another employer, EmpB.

3. I would like to apply for my spouse's H4-EAD renewal.

Questions:

1. Can I use the copy of the approved I-140 from EmpA for the H4-EAD renewal process? Or do I need a new approved copy from EmpB?

2. I do not know if the previous employer, EmpA, revoked my application or not. Even if they did can I still use that copy?

3. What is difference in the application for H4-EAD renewal vs fresh applicants? Any different documents I need to provide?

Please let me know. 

Looking forward to your feedback. Thanks in advance.

Regards

1- Yes,  you can use A's i-140 copy. H4Ead is based on primary applicants approved i-140. So if B has not started the  i-140 process then you can only use the A's i-140 right ? Else use the latest approved i-140.

2- Yes , you can use A's i-140. If i-140 was not revoked by USCIS or withdrawn by A in 6 months, it can now only be revoked by USCIS for fraud and misrepresentation and can be used for h4ead or h1b extension until PD is current.

4- Its in the name. One is an extension of already existing document. One is a fresh application. If  you had a h4ead before, its a renewal/extension application and the only difference in documentation would be to send a copy of old h4ead to uscis. 

Archived