H1B visa stamping - Mumbai

bigZ

Gurus,

Just like everyone else I am concerned about the current trend of random admin processing for almost everyone. I have an expired stamped visa on my expired passport from my previous employer, but I have changed my employer 5 years ago and I have successful extensions with new employer but no stamped visa (working on a E-C model at the client site - who is a renowned organization) , a strong client letter is available as well.

(1) Since there is an employer change from last visa stamping, what are the chances of running into the admin processing (221-g)?

[ With my new employer, multiple employees in the same boat, had successful visa stamping in the past year; but this year some1 had a 221g, which was cleared in 1 month. ]

(2) Lately what has been a trend at Mumbai Consulate? 

I really appreciate your response. Thanks in advance. 

If you are expecting / not expecting 221G, per current situation many of them have received different 221G Pink/Green/White/Blue. Any 221G will take its sweet time to do the admin processing so best decision is to go HOME COUNTRY for stamping to stay home happily if 221 is taking time to finish the process instead of staying in 3rd country location hotels and struggle. All the best.

Archived