I94 expired:not able to exit and re enter due to health issue

Kokiudhay

Hi,

i have valid visa till December 2018

My i94 got expired by july 2018 because my old passport expired by july 2018.when tried updating i 94 in port of entry they asked me to exit and re enter US or apply for extension.I was not aware that a valid I94 is required to apply for extension.Now my organization is not accepting to apply for my extension as my i 94 is expired and asking me to exit and re enter  US.Iam not able to travel now as iam on my 37 th week of pregnancy.eventhough i tried to travel to india,airlines and doctor is  not allowing me to travel.

please help whether my extension can be applied or not?

if applied will i be in legal status? Is there any other options available?

i am ready to go to india,but need some time till i get my babys passport  and visa.

• 9 months later...
On 9/25/2018 at 2:52 AM, Kokiudhay said:

Hi,

i have valid visa till December 2018

My i94 got expired by july 2018 because my old passport expired by july 2018.when tried updating i 94 in port of entry they asked me to exit and re enter US or apply for extension.I was not aware that a valid I94 is required to apply for extension.Now my organization is not accepting to apply for my extension as my i 94 is expired and asking me to exit and re enter  US.Iam not able to travel now as iam on my 37 th week of pregnancy.eventhough i tried to travel to india,airlines and doctor is  not allowing me to travel.

please help whether my extension can be applied or not?

if applied will i be in legal status? Is there any other options available?

i am ready to go to india,but need some time till i get my babys passport  and visa.

Hi Uday, We are in similar situation, was the issue resolved? what did you do??