H4 EAD Processing while H1B extension is received

capr1

Hello,

I have my current H1b visa till Dec 2018. I had applied for my wifes H4EAD in July and the application is still under process. 

My lawyers had filed for an extension and looks like my visa has been extended till Aug 2021. I want to forward the extension documents to USCIS so that when they finalize my wifes application they extend her a H4EAD with Aug 2021 expiration rather than Dec 2018.

How can I get that done. Any help is appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Pramod

51 minutes ago, capr1 said:

I want to forward the extension documents to USCIS so that when they finalize my wifes application they extend her a H4EAD with Aug 2021 expiration rather than Dec 2018.

One would assume that USCIS will automatically extend her H4 ead noticing that they have recently approved primary applicant's extension. Unfortunately this almost never happens and the path for her h4 ead extension is not straightforward as it should be.  Sadly the burden for immigration benefits falls on the applicant and USCIS is almost fully funded by the applicant fees.

You can either file another H4 ead application with latest approval documents or can wait for the initial ead to come and file for extension after. 

To avoid this, you should ask your employer to file her h4 , h4 ead along with your extension.

Archived