About to file i-485 and have questions. Please help!

h1Bacer

Hi all, I needed some help with my situation. 

My wife is on F-1 status and currently, I am on H1B. She will be filing for OPT EAD which will start from January 2019. 

We are about to file Adjustment of status application and wanted to apply for EAD along with this application (I-765) 

Because I am on H1b, will my H1b become invalid if I apply for I-765 with AOS? If not, can I keep both EAD and H1B at the same time? 

Will it be possible to just file EAD for my spouse? 

I am also thinking of utilizing the H4 EAD as the process of AOS based EAD is taking too long (close to 7 months). Is it a good idea to initiate the H4 EAD application right now or should I just get the AOS based EAD? 

Please help me with these questions.

Hey thanks @JoeF . One concern we have is about her OPT. She has few offers at hand right now and she will be applying for OPT which starts from January. I heard that the i485 based EAD is taking atleast 6 months to be issued.  So we want to get the OPT EAD first, start working and then use the i485 EAD. I want to ask if applying i-485 would invalidate her F1 status and thus she will not be issued a OPT based EAD,  Is this true?

Archived