H1 stamping

adesh

Hi,

I was in USA for 5 years on L1-B and came back to India in Sept-2014. My Company filed H1-B in Apr-2015 (which is withing a year after coming back from USA) which is picked up in lottery. I got H1 visa stamping for one year that is from 8th-Oct-2015 to 7th-Oct-2016.

But I could not travel to USA due to personal emergency. Accordingly, I was out side USA for 4 years.

Now, my company want to apply to re-stamp existing H1 visa.

1. For what duration I will get the visa now if previous H1 visa needs to stamped? In this re-stamping\renewal would I get visa for 3 full years or just for one year?

2. What are the options in this situation, where my previous H1 was stamped within one year, but I am out side usa since last 4 years?

Please advice.

On 9/23/2018 at 4:01 AM, adesh said:

Hi,

I was in USA for 5 years on L1-B and came back to India in Sept-2014. My Company filed H1-B in Apr-2015 (which is withing a year after coming back from USA) which is picked up in lottery. I got H1 visa stamping for one year that is from 8th-Oct-2015 to 7th-Oct-2016.

But I could not travel to USA due to personal emergency. Accordingly, I was out side USA for 4 years.

Now, my company want to apply to re-stamp existing H1 visa.

1. For what duration I will get the visa now if previous H1 visa needs to stamped? In this re-stamping\renewal would I get visa for 3 full years or just for one year?

2. What are the options in this situation, where my previous H1 was stamped within one year, but I am out side usa since last 4 years?

Please advice.

Your company needs to file for H-1 again. If you want a 3 year duration you need to go through lottery in 2019. If you want just 1 year then they can file for H-1 anytime. 

Archived