Travel and Stay in India on a US Passport

sp_0826

I'm expecting to receive my US Passport in the first week of November and I need to be in India first week of December and based on some personal situation, I may need to stay back for more than 6 months.

Due to the gap being only 1 month (between getting my US Passport and my planned travel date to India), what kind of visa I could apply ?

Do I need to have the renunciation of my Indian passport complete before I travel to India ?

Can I apply for OCI while I'm in India ?

Please advice 

• 1 month later...
On 9/21/2018 at 12:56 PM, sp_0826 said:

I'm expecting to receive my US Passport in the first week of November and I need to be in India first week of December and based on some personal situation, I may need to stay back for more than 6 months.

Due to the gap being only 1 month (between getting my US Passport and my planned travel date to India), what kind of visa I could apply ?

Do I need to have the renunciation of my Indian passport complete before I travel to India ?

Can I apply for OCI while I'm in India ?

Please advice 

Hello

I'm in a similar situation and have pretty much same questions as you. Can you please share what you ended up doing and advising how to go about it?

I won't even have 1 month. I'll have one month between Oath and travel to India. So, need to figure out quickest possible way to get PPT and Indian Visa.

Thanks a lot!

• 1 month later...
On 11/14/2018 at 7:41 PM, jsantani said:

Hello

I'm in a similar situation and have pretty much same questions as you. Can you please share what you ended up doing and advising how to go about it?

I won't even have 1 month. I'll have one month between Oath and travel to India. So, need to figure out quickest possible way to get PPT and Indian Visa.

Thanks a lot!

Hello, my wife at the end of her interview requested the officer to postpone the oath ceremony to Feb 2019 and explained her travel plans and the reason. The officer noted down her request and that was it.

Archived