Effect on H1B due to Change in Corporate structure

Mahesh86

Hi there,

I got an offer for a position in company A but at that time my offer letter was given in the name of company B which was acquired by company A few years ago and my H1B visa was filled under Company A with its EID and submitted my company B's offer letter & other supporting letters in my H1B documentation to USCIS and got the approval on my H1B in the name of A. I joined the job and I am getting my pay stubs in the company name B starting my first paycheck which has its own EID since they continued maintaining B as a separate account so even after acquisition.

Now, recently company A has given a majority stake to another company C until next few years and they are jointly funding in the company B towards its growth. While I was googling for the possible effect on h1b I came to know that, this is something comes under the successor in interest and saying that no need of any h1b changes but I am not sure it is correct or not.

Though there is a change in stakeholders or acquisition - there are no changes at all to my job work location, project, reporting hierarchy, and responsibilities everything remains the same.

My Questions are:
1. Do I need to get my H1B transfer/amendment in the name of company B?
2. If I go to visa stamping renewal now, will there be any issues since I am getting pay stubs in the company B name whereas my I-797 is on A?
3. Do I need to submit any additional documentation to USCIS in this regard?

Please suggest me with the best options in this regard so that I will take proper actions on my visa.

Thanks in advance.

Archived