Applied 7 days back but not received receipt number

NP2020

Hi,

My current status is H4 EAD and I applied only for H4 extension this time (without EAD application).

USCIS Lock box received my application on Sep 11th 2018 (via USPS) and it has been more than a week they received. I attached G-1145 for electronic notification. I neither received email or mail so far from USCIS. I am waiting for the receipt number. Last time, I got my receipt number via email on the 2nd day after they received application. Is this usual to take more than 7 days?

Hi NP2020,

I had seen similar behavior when I had applied for my H4 EAD. I did attached G-1145 for electronic notification,however in spite of that I did not get any updates about it, and directly received receipt notice at my home address. If you have provided personal cheque you can check the bank transaction if that has been en-cashed and sometimes they do upload the check image .Usually you will see the receipt number at back of check or somewhere in the transaction. In case if it was electronically en cashed then unfortunately you will not see the details.

Even now my spouse's employer applied for H1b and H4 extension at California center however we haven't got receipt notice yet. Although, the packet reached some 6-7 days bag through FedEx.

Archived