H1B Extension recipt is not yet came, I-94 is expiring in a week. do I have options ?

SRameshN

Hi Sir,

My Employer applied H1B extension with premium process 23 days back. exactly 17 working days over. Still I didn't receive receipt number/notice. My I-94 is expiring in a week exactly.

1. Staying  in USA is legal if wont get receipt number before expiring I-94?
  2. If I don't need to leave from USA even though I don't have receipt number/notice, is it legal to continue my work ?
  3. My employer is working with another attorney to file another application (The attorney verified my file after extension filed and suggested that, My employer applied extension with designation software developer but while  applied the H1B it was programmer analyst. So attorney suggested to apply new extension application again)
    1. does it affect the already applied application ?

Please help me suggest legal ways to get ride of this.

Friends - I am in the similar situation.

I have the FedEx tracking no as a proof that the package has been delivered to USCIS vermont office. Is this proof good enough to be able to continue to stay in this country work legally.

Another question on I-9 form filling - What would be the option to choose from the documents list for I-9 re-verification process. 

Please suggest.

Archived