I-485 supplement J purpose??

care_candidate

""Prior to the introduction of this form, USCIS used to accept an employment verification letter by the intending employer as a confirmation of the bona fide job offer.   The employment verification letters generally followed a standard format – a letter by the employer confirming the offered position’s title, duties, responsibilities, salary offered and sometimes other related job offer details.    While the contents of these employment verification letters was generally similar, USCIS had suggested that sometimes the letters do not provide standard required information allowing USCIS to determine the bona fide of a job offer or to determine whether an AC21 porting to a new employer or a job meets the relevant porting requirements.

As a result, USCIS introduced Form I-485 Supplement J and this form has been a requirement for:  (a) all new I-485 filings where it is used to confirm that the job offered in the underlying I-140 immigrant petition (pending or approved) is still valid and offered to the beneficiary or (2) all requests for AC21 portability of pending I-485 applications where the beneficiary aims to “transfer” their pending I-485 to a new employer or job which is “same or similar” .""

Archived