COS from H4 to F1 and visa stamping

lachoopriya

Hi Folks,

I had a Change of status from H4 to F1 before 2 years. I completed my Masters this December 2017. I am currently working on my OPT. I have not travelled to India for the past 2 years since COS and I am traveling next month to india. Couple of questions:

1. From what I see online, looks like I have to get my visa stamped.With the current situation, I fear if my VISA will get rejected as I have already graduated. 
  2. Any idea on the type of questions are asked in the visa interview? 
  3. Do i stand a better chance if I go to Canada for stamping before I go to India.
  4. If I get rejected , what are my options? Can I re-apply? Should I quit my job immediately? (My husband has a approved I140)(I am also applying for my OPT extension this month)

1. As you are done with Master's and currently in OPT, POE may not admit you in to the country. So file H1 wait for approval and then go for stamping.

2. They would ask H4 & F1 related questions. ( why did you change to h4 to f1, where did you do masters, who are you working for sorta )

3. Home country is the best option in case if you are stuck months with 221G .

4.If rejected, you have to quit.

• 8 months later...