[Urgent] Should I apply for B1 Visa before I join the new employer?

aman12

Hi,

I am an Indian citizen and have to travel to USA immediately after joining new employer for training.
I am currently serving notice period with my present employer and would be joining the new employer next month.
My new employer is ready to issue invitation letter and has asked me to apply for B1 VISA.

1) This means my visa interview date will be before my joining date on the offer letter. Will this create any problem in getting the visa approved?
2) I will not have any pay slips from the new employer to show the visa officer.Let me know if this can be an issue as well. How can I address this issue?
3) Given the above circumstances, who should I list as my current employer on the DS-160 form? I have not left my previous employer and have not joined my new employer yet.
4) Before officially starting with new employer can I claim my relationship with my USA host in DS 160  form ?

Should I apply or wait to initiate the process after joining the new company ?
Looking forward to guidance on this.

On 9/20/2018 at 12:54 AM, Noah Lott said:

just tell the truth.....be sure to tell the CO how many other employees from the new company have 'had' to go to the US for 'training.''''my guess is that number is somewhere around zero.

Every new employee has to go to USA for the on boarding and immersion program.

Archived