New Passport and visa on old passport expiring soon

Archie126

I have an H1B visa stamp from employer A in my old passport , both expiring in April 2019. I renewed my passport and have a new passport now (Passport number changed) .
I switched to employer B last year and petition was approved using my old passport number. H1B was approved, with new I-94 valid until Oct 2020.
I'm traveling outside the US for a few weeks in Oct 2018 and returning in Nov 2018 .

Is showing my i797 approval notice, new passport and visa stamp in the old passport enough to re-enter the US ? Searching the internet tells me it is not necessary to get another stamp for change of employer. But I have a new passport too...

3 hours ago, pontevecchio said:

Carry both passports. Existing visas in the old passport remain legal. In fact there may be such a stamp in the old passport if you look.

Thanks !

So, new stamping is not required as previous employer visa is still valid on old passport , correct... ?

The new i94 stamped at entry will be based on new passport number and new i797 since old one is expiring.

4 hours ago, 02112018 said:

If you switched to employer B, you need to have a stamping with employer B on new passport and then you can show new PP, latest i-797 to re-enter u.s

Thanks !

Why would I need stamping on employer change when my old visa is still valid until April 2019 which I can use for travel along with approved i797 for new employer ?

Is it just because I have a new renewed passport ?

Archived