H1B transfer Denied but having i-94 till Sep-2019

Matsark

Hi,

Please suggest me, on urgent.

Came to US in Feb 2017 on Company A, initiated my H1B Transfer request to company B on Jan-2018 in Regular process.

in Mar-2018, my company 'A' withdrawn my H1B.

and now in Sep-2018, my transfer request got denied, still awaiting for the reason.

So now what i have to do?

1. Still can i stay in US and try for job? so that if any employer 'C' interested to file a new petition?

2. Should i leave to my home country?

What is the best thing to do as i do not want to go beyond the legal.

Thanks for your response.

44 minutes ago, Matsark said:

Hi,

Came to US in Feb 2017 on Company A, initiated my H1B Transfer request to company B on Jan-2018 in Regular process.

and now in Sep-2018, my transfer request got denied, still awaiting for the reason.

1. Still can i stay in US and try for job? so that if any employer 'C' interested to file a new petition?

==> Max you can stay up to end of sep'19. 

==>  you have only 12 days left to stay legally.  If someone files the petition before September you are alright. 

21 hours ago, Matsark said:

Hi,

Sorry to hear that transfer got denied. 

Since the transfer is denied, you don't get any grace period and you are already accruing days on out of status.  If you don't find a new employer immediately, it is best to leave the country and find an employer to file your H1 while you are in your home country.  I assume, you have a valid H1B visa in your passport.  If yes, then you don't have to go for stamping again, and you can use that visa with new approved petition to enter the USA.

On 9/18/2018 at 1:36 PM, skolla said:

On 9/18/2018 at 12:49 PM, Matsark said:

Hi,

Thanks you very much for all the responses.

So how soon i should get a job to stay back here? 

Archived