H1 Transfer : Contracting to FTE

Neethi Mohandas

Hello, 

I have been contracting for a client company and recently received a full time offer from the client. They will be hiring me for the same position that I've been contracting - but this is with a different team in the company. Since the premium processing has stalled, I have the below questions : 

1. Is it a good idea to join the Full time position on receipt notice ? I have applied all my previous H1 applications with the same client. The company is not ready to wait for months before I can join the team 
  2. With the no RFE rule from Sept 11th, how much risk do you all potentially see in my case ? 
10 hours ago, Maitray Modi said:

Can one join back original employer (while doing contracting) if H1B transfer gets rejected? 

The old employer is required by law to inform USCIS that you no longer work there. If they want to hire you back they would have to file (and pay for) a new H1 petitio.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/18/2018 at 11:02 AM, Neethi Mohandas said:

Hello, 

I have been contracting for a client company and recently received a full time offer from the client. They will be hiring me for the same position that I've been contracting - but this is with a different team in the company. Since the premium processing has stalled, I have the below questions : 

1. Is it a good idea to join the Full time position on receipt notice ? I have applied all my previous H1 applications with the same client. The company is not ready to wait for months before I can join the team 
  2. With the no RFE rule from Sept 11th, how much risk do you all potentially see in my case ? 

What is NO RFE Rule ?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived