DS-160 Question

Mpuram

While filling out the DS-160, There was a question about being a permanent resident of any country other than that issued your passport. I currently live and work as a full-time employee in the US.  I am planning to do my landing procedures to confirm my PR in Canada in November and travel to my home country( India) for H1b stamping, ( it's my first time H1b-COS petition). I am trying to fill the DS-160 in order to take Visa appointment as early as possible. But I am not sure how to answer the above question. 

1) Should I answer "NO"- Since at this time I am not a PR of Canada yet ? or "YES" - Since I would have finished the landing and confirmed my PR status at the time of the VISA interview?? I have the COPR document and single entry PR-Visa stamp in my passport.

2) If I answer"NO" at this time, can I explain it to the VO if asked, about what happened without having to change the DS-160?

3) I have read that if I update DS-160 after submitting and taking an appointment, I will lose the earlier appointment and have to reschedule? Is it true? Is it acceptable to just take the updated DS-160 form to the VISA interview instead of booking a new appointment? 

4) Is there a way to keep the DS-160 active for more than 30 days, and submit it later with "YES" as the answer after I finish the landing which will be 4-5 days before the VISA interview? However,  I want to book the VISA interview dates now. 

This forum has always been my go-to place to get answers to some general questions before having to spend $$$ to consult an immigration attorney. I appreciate the patience of folks who take time to provide answers on this forum. God bless you all!! It's very helpful. 

TIA. 

Archived