H1B stamping HYD

Vee Man

Hello All,

I’ve attended Visa interview on Sep 5th. This is my first H1B stamping after initial F1 status. Working for a reputed finance client in EVC model since last 3 years.

VO Asked basic question

Is this your first H1B?

Have your ever been out of status?

Have you worked in OPT?

Are you aware of the NI rules ?

Are working as FTE or with an end client?

Explain the job duties?

these were the questions asked and I’ve answered very confidently. VO did not check a single document and retained my passport saying there will be an admin processing for 7 days and you will receive a mail when your visa is ready.

VO did not say your visa is approved ( But my passport is retained ) and have me a white slip with a 14 digit number and checked on your application needs additional admin processing before a final decision is made.

Its been 14 days now, the status of my visa still shows admin processing.

Anybody who has faced a similar situation?

Hello,

Thanks for your response, I've received email today " ineligible for a nonimmigrant visa under Section 214(b) of the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act" and asked to submit the DS-5535 to HydADMIN@state.gov at the earliest. Passport is still retained with them. I am not understanding what it means?

Will the embassy reconsider to approve the visa after submitting DS-5535 ? Did anybody face this situation for visa stamping?

Thanks & Regards,

Hello,

I've got a mail to collect the passport, There was a 221g white slip placed with a different case number. Check marked on first option " you will receive further instructions at the email address you provided ..... "  The status of the Visa still shows "Administrative Processing" . I am working with an immigration attorney to respond with DS-5535.

Does anybody have an idea roughly how many days does it takes for DS-5535 processing?

Thanks & Regards.

@Vee Man I attended the visa interview at HYD consulate on 25 th September 2018. The Consular officer took my passport and was told my visa is approved. 2 days later on 27th, I received an email asking me to fill DS 5535 questionnarie in email. I've received email today " ineligible for a nonimmigrant visa under Section 214(b) of the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act" and asked to submit the DS-5535 to HydADMIN@state.gov at the earliest.

I have submitted the form today. 28th September. Do you know how long it will take to get the decision? 
Any update on ur case @Vee Man

13 hours ago, nameisteja said:

@Vee Man I attended the visa interview at HYD consulate on 25 th September 2018. The Consular officer took my passport and was told my visa is approved. 2 days later on 27th, I received an email asking me to fill DS 5535 questionnarie in email. I've received email today " ineligible for a nonimmigrant visa under Section 214(b) of the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act" and asked to submit the DS-5535 to HydADMIN@state.gov at the earliest.

I have submitted the form today. 28th September. Do you know how long it will take to get the decision? 
Any update on ur case @Vee Man

Hello Teja,

There is no update yet, Still shows AP. I have no idea how long will the decision making take for DS-5535.

Thanks,

• 3 months later...

Archived