New Passport + new approved i797 + Old Passport with H1B visa stamp from previous employer

Archie126

I have an H1B visa stamp from employer A in my old passport , both expiring in April 2019. I renewed my passport and have a new passport now (Passport number changed) .
I switched to employer B last year and petition was approved using my old passport number. H1B was approved, with new I-94 valid until Oct 2020.
I'm traveling outside the US for a few weeks in Oct 2018 and returning in Nov 2018 .
Is showing my i797 approval notice, new passport and visa stamp in the old passport enough to re-enter the US ?
Searching the internet tells me it is not necessary to get another stamp for change of employer. But I have a new passport too...

On 9/17/2018 at 3:23 PM, Archie126 said:

I have an H1B visa stamp from employer A in my old passport , both expiring in April 2019. I renewed my passport and have a new passport now (Passport number changed) .
I switched to employer B last year and petition was approved using my old passport number. H1B was approved, with new I-94 valid until Oct 2020.
I'm traveling outside the US for a few weeks in Oct 2018 and returning in Nov 2018 .
Is showing my i797 approval notice, new passport and visa stamp in the old passport enough to re-enter the US ?
Searching the internet tells me it is not necessary to get another stamp for change of employer. But I have a new passport too...

You are right. Visa stamp in old passport is fine.

Archived