Grace period when extended petition revoked and stamped I94 expired

INtoUSA

Hi all,

I was working for Company A. My visa validity and I94 in the passport ended in 9/2017. I had my petition extended till 12/2020. I filed a transfer to Company B in 3/2018 and starting working for B on receipt notice in 4/2018. After which Company A submitted a revocation request to USCIS in 5/2018; according to processing times it is about to be withdrawn anytime now. And the H1B transfer filed by Company B had gone to RFE status. Can you help me with below questions please?

1. What happens to my extended I94 which is not in my passport when Company A's petition is withdrawn?

2. If my H1B transfer to Company B is denied, will I have any grace period to look for a new job, assuming Company A's petition is withdrawn?

3. Assuming Company A's petition is withdrawn, Is filing another transfer before responding to RFE a safer approach? Will that transfer still depend on the approval/denial of the first transfer?

4. What options do I have if the transfer is denied if Company A's petition is withdrawn?

5. What options do I have if the transfer is denied if Company A's petition is NOT yet withdrawn?

Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, INtoUSA said:

Hi all,

I was working for Company A. My visa validity and I94 in the passport ended in 9/2017. I had my petition extended till 12/2020. I filed a transfer to Company B in 3/2018 and starting working for B on receipt notice in 4/2018. After which Company A submitted a revocation request to USCIS in 5/2018; according to processing times it is about to be withdrawn anytime now. And the H1B transfer filed by Company B had gone to RFE status. Can you help me with below questions please?

1. What happens to my extended I94 which is not in my passport when Company A's petition is withdrawn? - It is active till your next H1 is approved

2. If my H1B transfer to Company B is denied, will I have any grace period to look for a new job, assuming Company A's petition is withdrawn? No, you will be out of status

3. Assuming Company A's petition is withdrawn, Is filing another transfer before responding to RFE a safer approach? Will that transfer still depend on the approval/denial of the first transfer? - Not really, but, USCIS systems will reflect multiple petitions on your name which can be risky

4. What options do I have if the transfer is denied if Company A's petition is withdrawn? -  Leave the country ASAP

5. What options do I have if the transfer is denied if Company A's petition is NOT yet withdrawn? - There's no way this can happen, if ever this happens, company A is in deep mess. 

Thanks in advance!

See my replies above

Archived