Travel Outside US :-: H1B / I94 extended successfully -> Old stamped visa expired -> H1B transfer in process without premium due to suspension until 19-Feb-2019

h1bmess14

Hi folks,

Looking for your expert advise.

My situation is:

I'm working with employer A and Recently got my H1B extended but visa not stamped yet. Old stamped visa is expired.

If I have an offer from employer B and start H1B transfer in regular process (Premium being suspended till 19-Feb-2019).

1) Is it advisable to join employer B once I get receipt notice?

Say, if I decide not to join employer B until h1b transfer is approved.

2) Can I travel to India (going for stamping will be mandatory) while H1B transfer is in process with new employer B ?

3) If I can travel to India, will I be using last approved petition (h1b extended one) for stamping? or receipt notice of new h1b transfer ?

If I decide to join before H1B transfer approval:

4) What would happen If I travel to India in this case ?

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

I have similar situation; Iam working for company A, Company B transferred my H1 and got approval. Later i travelled to India and got stamped with company A petition and came back working for same company A. validity of both A & B petitions having same date. Now i need to join company B, Is company B I94 came with transfer still valid ? can i join the company B 

Archived