How long does it take to get GC after your PD becomes current

pguha

Hi there,

We have a trip planned outside of US in the month of Nov (starting Nov 8th). Our PD has just become current (in the most recent Visa Bulletin). Was wondering if it is reasonable to expect that we would get our GC before our travel start date?

How long does it usually take for the GC to be processed and approved once the PD is current. I am sure there is case by case variations, but if anyone is willing to share any experience with the wait time, it will be good to have an idea

Ok...so our 485 was filed two years ago, and we have our EAD card and Travel Document etc. It's just in yesterday's VB, our PD became current (in the list that says "Final Action Dates"). We filed 2 years ago when our PD was current based on the second list that says ("Dates for Filing...")

So, in this situation, how many weeks can we expect for the process to take?

Hi There,

We submitted our I-485 in Oct 2016. After which we did the biometric test, and got the EAD card along with advanced parole document. Then last year, 2017, our medical exams needed a renewal, and there was a RFE for that. After that, we again received a new EAD card with advanced parole.

Only in Sep VB of this year, our PD has become current as per the "Final Action Dates" table. So, I am not sure what other steps and processes are involved now? Is interview mandatory? If so, we haven't received any request from USCIS yet.

Archived