Visa stamping in Mexico from H4 to H1

Santho.k.s

On 9/13/2018 at 9:57 PM, Santho.k.s said:

I worked in H1 from 2011 to 2017 May, Last year I went to India and got H4 Stamping and came to US. My I140 and existing H1 extn approved by this March. So am I eligibile to go to Mexico to get Stamping for H1?

Note: my last entry to US was in H4 status.

No you can't go to mexico since you have changed your status. 

On 9/13/2018 at 9:57 PM, Santho.k.s said:

I worked in H1 from 2011 to 2017 May, Last year I went to India and got H4 Stamping and came to US. My I140 and existing H1 extn approved by this March. So am I eligibile to go to Mexico to get Stamping for H1?

Note: my last entry to US was in H4 status.

Posting a Myth Buster & more info Here 

H4 & H1B are considered as same H visa category. I have confirmation email response from US consulate at Mexico about the same & many folks attended in mexico from H1B to H4 & H4 to H1B - COS stamping. Feel free to reach out to my email for further information. good luck !!!

Similar applies for F1 to F2 or F2 to F1. (comes under same F visa category) etc.,

Posting recent visa interview question from mexico location.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

H1B to H4- Change of status at Matamoros, Mexico

Attended visa interview on July 23, 24 2018

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Below questions were asked by the consular officer.

Objective: Convert to H4 after H1B extension denial

Consular Officer: why are u converting from H1 to H4.
Me: My work permit extension got denied and I am currently out of status because my I94 expired.
Hence, I am here for H4 stamping to have a valid status and to join back my family in the USA.

Consular Officer: Are you going to work in US?
Me: No, Since I am not eligible to work on H4.

Consular Officer: Ok, Visa granted, come back and pick up the passport at 2:30 PM.

Archived