Need advise on my India Travel for VISA stamping

jaysekar

Hi All,

I have my approved H1B extension petition till September -2020. (Approved on October - 2017). I am currently in Computer Programmer role since my H1B started in US (last 4 years). I have to go for VISA stamping before October -2018 to avail Dropbox option or else i have to attend PA. My concern was that some memo issued last year on Computer Programmer role and worrying whether that will impact my VISA stamping (Dropbox) now though its approved till 2020. I didnt have any plan to visit india but considering my family situation and their health condition, i have to travel india for any unfortunate event and wont be able to attend any PA during such scenario. Can someone please confirm whether i am good for stamping (Dropbox) without any role issue? (Computer Programmer)

Thanks again...

What is PA?

You don't get to select the Dropbox or interview. While entering information on consulate at the time of selecting dates, they determine that. There are some factors how they determine if you are eligible to Dropbox. Typically any "No" answer to following questions results in actual interview

Are you applying for same visa as last time?

Did you change jobs before this visa? OR Are you applying for same employer?

Are applying at same location for stamping?

...etc.

Archived