Help regarding sponsorship to parents.

H1b-2018

Hello Lawyers !,

I need your help regarding the visitor visa sponsorship to my parents. A little info about my status in USA below :

I am on H4 since 2 years in USA. I am planning to get my parents and sibling to visit me here in States. Below are my queries:

1. Do I need to give an acknowledgement letter to USCIS that I am responsible for their visit ?

2. Heard that we need to provide the US earnings bank statement as a proof for their visa. Is it true ?

3. Since I am on H4, whats the best way to get the visa done without depending on my h1 spouse bank statements or sponsorship?

4. what all are the documents my parents and sibling needs to carry for their visa interview? All 3 are tax payers. Otherwise what all documents need to be carried if they expect any documents from me?

5. What are the best ways to keep out of visitor visa rejections ?

Awaitign at you reply !

Thanks much !

First, there is no sponsorship for visitor visas. You can pay for their trip, but that's not sponsoring.

Second, your or your spouse's earnings are completely irrelevant.

Third, the only important thing is that your parents and sibling can convince the officer that they return to their home country. So, strong ties to the home country are important. Just "being tax payers" means nothing, because everybody having a job is.

Thanks for the reply !

I need a clarification on strong ties in home country. Should they present this in the form of documents to the CO. If so, should  they carry their tax paid details, and other property documents with them ?  is there a chance to ask about our financial details, this one you have cleared above though 🙂

To keep it simple, what all documents should they be carrying along with them?

What is the best suggestion you could provide me regarding this?

They could carry a full 2" thick file if they want.  Documents can be easily forged, are not looked at to begin with, and realistically not worth carrying to what is 2-3 minutes at the window. 

The best an applicant is advised would be to attend the interview and have a free-flowing conversation being truthful about intentions. 

Documents do not have a major role or any role for that matter. The VO decides based on his assessment of credibility of the answers in 2 minutes or so. Coached answers are a no no. Documents can be created. Also it is not an axiom that only the rich can travel. If they can articulate the reason for the trip, visiting son and also the nearby sites for say 4-6 weeks if the dad is employed and they have a leave letter, there should be no issue. 

Anecdotal reports have mentioned that if one has relatives in a H1 situation with doubtful antecedents, there could be an issue. I still maintain that most tourist visas are granted. The issues arise when relatives overthink the process and suggest answers to questions.

22 hours ago, Noah Lott said:

bottom line: forget papers, stop the coaching and stay away from the process on behalf of other relatives or friends...you cannot make a positive difference, but you can easily make a negative one!

The partial quote above is, unfortunately, a deeply ingrained myth in India, presumably OP's home country. 

Hello,

I am afraid my post offered a pan to roast many other's questions !! I can visualise the frustrations and irritations you folks go through with such questions, m sure anybody would feel annoyed to repeat same answers !!

Thank you for the information and  your time for the great write-up !

Thanks !

Archived