221G at Chennai - H1B extension restamping

GayatriJ

My husband's most recent H1-B's i797 extension is approved until June 2021, also we have i140. He has not travelled to India in past 6 years and has different employer now. Also we have new passport issued at Chicago Indian Embassy. He is travelling to India alone for family emergency and went to Chennai consulate for Consular stamping. 

9th Sept. 2018 - VAC

10th Sept. 2018 - Consular Appoint. They gave Form 221G for admirative processing. Form states "Your application is refused for administrative processing. The application will be reconsidered when administrative processing is complete". And they have also collected his new passport as well as his old passport, which I read is good sign. However we are very tensed now, everything is at stake. 

This is normal in current times. He will get it through once consulate is done with admin processing of his case and all documents are found to be in order. Now when will the admin processing will get completed ? no one knows.  I would keep sending consulate an email every week for the status update and if they are waiting for anything from your end. you will probably get an automated reply telling you that you already know. 

Read this from DOS :

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/administrative-processing-information.html

• 3 weeks later...

Archived