B2 Visitor visa applicant working in another country

VISA_POWER

Hello friends,

I'm on H1B visa currently in the US for the past 6 years. Have a situation, need your help.

My brother-in-law, sister and their kid (Indian citizens) have moved to Sweden from India on a work visa 1 year back. My BIL is working and my sister is not working at the moment. I've bought a house in the US recently and wanted to invite them to a housewarming ceremony. Now, here are my questions:

• Do I have to apply DS-160 selecting Sweden as the country of application (or) India?
  • Do I have to fill three separate DS-160 forms for my BIL, sister, and kid (or) just for my BIL and add spouse information and travel companions?
  • Which sponsorship option should be preferred? Self-sponsorship by BIL himself and for family (or) my sponsorship?
  • If my BIL sponsors for himself & family, how much Sweden currency/assets he should show in his bank account?

Would be great if you could share your experiences with your relatives' visa interviews and any tips in such situations?

• 1 month later...

Since no-one really responded to all the questions and instead cast aspersions:

1) They would apply for a B-2 vistor visa from Sweden since that's their current legal residence

2) I believe every member has to have his/her own DS-160. The interview can be together--you can link the DS-160 number when booking the interview appointment.

3) Self-sponsorship by BIL. If your sister was working she should be self-sponsor too, since she's not working then BIL sponsors the entire family.

4) Generally financial docs are not asked for. More important is demonstrating that intent is only for a visit and not anything else (so essentially that the job is good/secure and ties to India).

And on side note people do spend thousands on a "housewarming" party since it is a landmark is a family member's lifetime and oh yes a small matter of seeing and spending time with them as a side bonus.

Archived