GC counselor processing-Form I824 is case basis or per applicant basis including dependents

Bharath Jain

My GC EB-1 I-140 was approved however before I could file I-485 (was waiting on PD to become current) my L1-A visa extension petition was denied by USCIS and I had to return my home country. I currently reside and work for same employer’s as US but from their registerd office in India.

Considering that 1) I have EB1 I-140 approval notice ; 2) Did not file I-485 3) I am continuing with same employer in my Home country and employer is willing to keep my I-140 intact, Could you please advise: 
1. what steps are involved in CP to continue my green card process from my home country/outside USA? Should I start CP by submitting I-824 to transfer my GC case to NVC? Should I submit only one I824   For and few as the primary applicant on the case or should I submit three separate one each for self and dependents wife and daughter ?

2. Can I go CP route while I am outside states however not residing in my home country but their country for eg Canada? If yes then would it be possible to initiate CP from current residing country (India)? Is there any requirement to stay/work in the third country for a certain period of time before I can file I824? Employer is offering same job and project (that I was on at the time of leaving states) in their Canadian office and also keep I-140 intact.

14 minutes ago, Bharath Jain said:

My GC EB-1 I-140 was approved however before I could file I-485 (was waiting on PD to become current) my L1-A visa extension petition was denied by USCIS and I had to return my home country. I currently reside and work for same employer’s as US but from their registerd office in India.

Considering that 1) I have EB1 I-140 approval notice ; 2) Did not file I-485 3) I am continuing with same employer in my Home country and employer is willing to keep my I-140 intact, Could you please advise: 
1. what steps are involved in CP to continue my green card process from my home country/outside USA? Should I start CP by submitting I-824 to transfer my GC case to NVC? Should I submit only one I824   For and few as the primary applicant on the case or should I submit three separate one each for self and dependents wife and daughter ?

2. Can I go CP route while I am outside states however not residing in my home country but their country for eg Canada? If yes then would it be possible to initiate CP from current residing country (India)? Is there any requirement to stay/work in the third country for a certain period of time before I can file I824? Employer is offering same job and project (that I was on at the time of leaving states) in their Canadian office and also keep I-140 intact.

• 3 months later...

Archived