H1b extenstion denied. I94 still valid for 1 month. h1b transfer

Sakshit

Hi All

My H1b extension got denied on 08/26/2018. I have valid i94 till 10/20/2018.

1. My client is ready to file my H1b transfer before the expiry date . If the status is still in processing or in RFE on 10/20 can i still continue to work ? 

2. Will 240 days period be applicable for my case after 10/20?

3. If i cannot work, and my H1 Transfer is in progress, can i file the COS from USA to H4 or should i go out of the country and file H4 stamping ?

4. I i file the COS on 10/15, can i continue to stay in US on petition number ? If yes for how much time ?

5. If my H1B transfer is in progress, and i am not allowed to stay or work on H1 after 10/20 and i file H1 to H4 COS and in the mean time my H1also comes. can i revoke H4 COS ?

15 hours ago, Sakshit said:

Hi All

My H1b extension got denied on 08/26/2018. I have valid i94 till 10/20/2018.

1. My client is ready to file my H1b transfer before the expiry date . If the status is still in processing or in RFE on 10/20 can i still continue to work ? 

2. Will 240 days period be applicable for my case after 10/20?

3. If i cannot work, and my H1 Transfer is in progress, can i file the COS from USA to H4 or should i go out of the country and file H4 stamping ?

4. I i file the COS on 10/15, can i continue to stay in US on petition number ? If yes for how much time ?

5. If my H1B transfer is in progress, and i am not allowed to stay or work on H1 after 10/20 and i file H1 to H4 COS and in the mean time my H1also comes. can i revoke H4 COS ?

1. Yes, you can work.

2. Not sure.

3. You can file COS if you are in US. Not necessary to go out.

4. Yes. Till the decision is made.

5. Yes. but that is a confusing process. You can stay on receipt notice for any application sent to USCIS in a timely manner i.e. before I-94 expiry.

Archived