Sponsoring Tourist Visa for Cousins/Relatives

visatraveller999

Hi - What are the chances of Visa approval for Tourist visa for processing Relatives and Cousins.

My cousin is married, employed working at India and strong ties with India. She wants to visit USA for 2 weeks 

Can I sponsor my cousin and what are the chances of approval.

What if they maintain Good Bank Balance to travel on their own and what is the ideal Bank balance should be maintained

Appreciate your suggestions and replies

Traveller

First, there is no sponsoring for visitor visas. You can pay for their trip, but that's not sponsoring.

Second, bank balances don't mean anything. Everybody knows that money can be moved in and out of an account in seconds.

The applicants have to convince the officer that they will return to their home country.

Just stay away from the process. I am sure your cousin has enough savvy to apply and get the visa. PLEASE do not suggest any answers to him. Spontaneity gets visas should be the watchword along with brevity. The Officers at least in theory make up their mind based on your perceived credibility in a couple of minutes with no recourse to documents.

One is never asked DIRECTLY to convince the officer that they will return. The Officer decides that based on the the applicants answers in 2 minutes.

Archived