H1b Stamping after completed DUI

US2006

Hi, I was arrested on Nov 2015 on DUI. I met with a minor accident on ramp hitting the fence. I was charged with DUI (Misdemeanor) and i plead guilty of DUI and now my case is closed with probation and everything completed. It has been 4 years since i visited india. I have to go for H1 stamping. Will i face problem during my h1b stamping or should i avoid going for stamping and stay back. Please let me know.

• 2 months later...

with one DUI, you would be sent to medical panel test from the embassy with a 221g. blood work, urine, chest xray followed by psych evaluation will be done there, They will submit there report whether they think you are a alcoholic or not. Based on that, you will be issued the visa. The wait times are anywhere from 1 month to 21/2 months.

Carry all court documents.

Dont worry i had a DUI in dec 2015 and just came back with a successful stamping. 

Please share details of your case and which embassy you going to? what was your BAC. Dont worry about the acident unless you hurt someone or there was any other car involved. Please stay sober and quit drinking as soon as possible, I quit drinking 3 years back after my incident and intend to stay like that. One time is a mistake, repeat is a habit. 

Let me know if you have any questions. Best luck!

Archived