H1 to H4 COS without H1 stamping in the passport

Kanthi49

Hi,

Currently I am holding H1 visa and planning to convert to H4.I am on maternity leave starting April,2018.My last payroll was generated on April 30th.I got my H1 in 2016 but I didn’t go for stamping.I applied for H1 transfer and got it approved in August.Can I go for H4 stamping to Canada instead going to India?Is there any risk?Please suggest.

On 9/4/2018 at 5:31 PM, Kanthi49 said:

Hi,

Currently I am holding H1 visa and planning to convert to H4.I am on maternity leave starting April,2018.My last payroll was generated on April 30th.I got my H1 in 2016 but I didn’t go for stamping.I applied for H1 transfer and got it approved in August.Can I go for H4 stamping to Canada instead going to India?Is there any risk?Please suggest.

Yes you can go.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2018 at 12:52 PM, shekar11# said:

Yes you can go.

Hi,

I didn’t get my H1 stamping done till date after getting H1.Can I go to Canada for H4 stamping in this case.

Can I apply for H4 from within the country.I am on unpaid leave from last 5 months.Am I out of status.Can I apply for H4 with the pay stubs I have till April or do I need recent pay stubs if I apply within USA itself.Are there any chances of rejection 

Archived